Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Heavy

These heavy eyes
These weighty nights
feeling pulled down
but still crawling away
from sobriety

I gave up wanting
but need still clings to my chest
fade away
I need to slip out quietly
and fade away

to be that moon so pale
and so far
behind the rising sun
to be that morning moon
sneaking out of mind

I wonder if that moon
ever feels the urge to give the sun
all the blazing glory
with no plans to come back around
and reclaim its half

I wonder if that moon
hesitates before it opens the door
to sit at home with the evening.
If every night it considers
tossing the keys to Venus
and asking her
to take its seat in the sky

That moon must know
why I can't say goodbye

The weight of the world
would only feel heavier
if it were to cry
and some things
are too precious to put down




2 comments:

  1. Deep emotions running in these ending lines:

    That moon must know
    why I can't say goodbye

    The weight of the world
    would only feel heavier
    if it were to cry
    and some things
    are too precious to put down

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!