Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Missing You

Lately,
I have been visiting days
specifically those
 that knew you quite well
asking them to share a memory or two

I have been touching walls
that you've spoken to
when I was too busy to listen
hoping to feel 
leftover vibrations of your voice

I have been walking in reverse
tracing the steps back to
the moment when you lost your life
wishfully thinking I could find it 
and give it back to you

I have been painting the words
"I love you always"
mixing my bleeding heart
with the bluest days
because purple was your favorite color

I have been cursing
 time's impatience
it knew you were always getting lost
 and arriving fashionably late
yet it selfishly refused to wait...

I guess that must be 
why these hours are so lonely
they really missed out on something
 so incredibly beautiful
and indescribably great





2 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Perfectly done. Your words make poetry too small a description.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!