Thursday, December 27, 2012

One Day


I walked and walked
But no new distance ever grew;
Same thin space remained,
tightly tucked in my back pocket.
So then I flew and flew,
and was just a flame short
of the dawn viewing me as a rocket.
I spoke and spoke,
Though my voice
 never awoke
 the snoring wind
I smiled when asked
But beneath the mask,
I never grinned.
Each time I planted hope,
Winter overstayed its welcome
And the earth just couldn’t cope.

Still I move
Still I fly
Still I speak
Yes, still I try
All without
A thousand reasons why.
except for the most obvious one...
If I persist,
One day, my spring will come



3 comments:

  1. It will. It absolutely will. And the blooms will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While winter is a cold and sad time for me, my HOPE is spring, the season of rebirth. I love this. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!