Thursday, July 7, 2011

Traveling Through Adversity In Search of Clear Skies


I have walked for months
That turned to years
Upon these neglected streets
And left trails of salty tears
That somehow leaked
Through my closed eyes
Waiting/ wanting
For a bracing surprise

 
Still I
 wait as I move
Without much
I cannot prove
To be worthy
of this air
blinded by the sun's
angry glare

 

With steady steps
On a crooked path
Often receiving the
Fierce wind's wrath
Where I'm headed
I do not know
Just figuring it all out
As I go

 
I've come
Such a long way
I have seen blue skies
Transform to gray
Then back to blue
Yet I am no where near
Where I want to be
And this fills me with fear


 
I have walked without stopping
 for a seat
I have traveled with
tired feet
in wanting shoes
Full of holes
and
worn out soles

 
This journey has been long
Still I persist
Sometimes crawling
on knees and wrists
relent?
No, I do not dare
Because I know in time
I will make it there


~Trish

1 comment:

  1. This one, too. Amazing. Your words talk right to my soul.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. Please say hi and let me know you were here!

Thank you!